I-DISC offers expertise in programming, computation, data science and social science.
Looking for help with the data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, or computing part of your research? Or looking for help with the social science and human subject data collection part of your research? An I-DISC Fellow can help!
I-DISC Fellows are advanced doctoral students with expertise in programming, computation, data science or social science. The I-DISC Fellows program will now provide a part-time research assistant to help Lehigh faculty with the data science, programming, computational projects and social science aspects of their research.
What you get:
Time from a computer science doctoral student or a social psychology doctoral student, up to 4 weeks @ 10 hours/week effort. No need to advertise or interview candidates.
NONE for Fall Semester 2023! (Fees may be charged to cover the Fellow’s time in future semesters.)
How to apply:
Interested faculty should complete a REQUEST FORM and provide a brief summary of project, time needed and scheduling constraints. Now accepting applications for FALL SEMESTER 2023.
Meet the I-DISC Fellows
I-DISC Fellow Dan Luo is an advanced doctoral student with expertise in data science, computation, and machine learning. For example:
- Computer programming
- Computational projects
- Data science / machine learning / artificial intelligence ideas, debugging and design assistance.
- Short-term software development or data science projects.
- Consulting or preliminary work for a funding proposal.
- Assessment or estimate of level of effort for a future funding proposal.
I-DISC Fellow Alex Sackett is an advanced doctoral student with experience in social psychology, behavioral and cognitive measurement, and a wide range of issues associated with human subjects data collection.
- Measurement / protocol development for implicit and explicit assessment measures of cognition and behavior.
- Subject recruitment and online data collection platforms.
- Ethical considerations in human subjects research.
- Navigating IRB applications, modifications, and extensions.
- Evaluation of human applications and potential consequences of technologies.
Questions: Please contact any of the I-DISC Leadership Team.
Kate Arrington (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director & Professor, Psychology
Mooi Choo Chuah (email@example.com), Associate Director, I-DISC & Professor, Computer Science & Engineering
Parv Venkitasubramaniam (firstname.lastname@example.org), Associate Director, I-DISC & Professor, Electrical & Computer Engineering