I-DISC will coordinate friendly reviews by peer faculty members, to support proposal development. I-DISC will be responsible for identifying appropriate reviewers.
Friendly proposal reviews by I-DISC peers
Reviewer(s) will provide feedback on communication and “story”
- (Less feedback on content)
- Submit your request when a near-complete draft is ready
I-DISC will find 2–3 reviewers
- Each reviewer expected to spend 2–3 hours reading and commenting on proposal
- Expect ~2-week turnaround time
Participation is voluntary
- We might ask any I-DISC member to be a reviewer
- You can say no! (But not too many times, or you won’t be able to request reviews!)
How to get involved
- The PI should complete this form >> (coming soon). The content of the form will be kept confidential by the I-DISC leadership and administration, and shared only with candidate reviewers
- The I-DISC leadership will identify potential reviewers by reading the details of the proposal on the form. The contents of the form will be shared with potential reviewers.
- Once the requested number of reviewers agrees to provide a review, the I-DISC leadership will collect all the necessary material from the proposing team and send it to the recruited reviewer(s).
- The I-DISC administration will send reminders to the reviewers to ensure that the review is completed within the expected time frame.
- The I-DISC administration will share with the proposing team the results of the review, without disclosing the name(s) of the reviewer(s).