Research Focus Areas
Use of machine learning for automated comparisons and consistency for checking for financial statements and for enabling innovative financial business models.
Dynamic, predictive, interpretive modeling of emerging risks both within the global financial system and for specific banks using textual analysis modeling of emerging textual analysis
Blockchains in business and finance: automation of regulatory compliance and enforcement, emerging enterprise blockchain applications, distributed consensus, performance and data-integration issues.
Research Focus Group Members
The focus group members working in the blockchain space cooperate closely with the Scalable Software Systems Group on the distributed algorithms underlying the design of enterprise-friendly blockchain systems, and with the Center for Financial Services on issues relating to blockchain-based financial systems.
- Kathleen Weiss Hanley, College of Business-Finance
- Hank Korth, Computer Science & Engineering
- Hector Munoz-Avila, Computer Science & Engineering
- Neil Snow, College of Business-Accounting
- Oliver Yao, College of Business-Management
- David Zhang, College of Business-Management
(Page updated Jan 2020)