I-DISC has developed a good relationship with two external grant writing consultants with specific experience that align with I-DISC research interests. I-DISC will support Lehigh faculty wishing to write a proposal on I-DISC approved initiatives and research areas by connecting the faculty with external grant writers and coordinating all administrative processes involved (agreements & payment).
Grant writing services can help you in the following areas:
- Proposal consultation, editing and review
- Single-PI proposals, small team proposals, large team and Center-level proposals, and institutional proposals
- Strategic planning
- Kick-off solicitation workshop for the proposal development team to discuss solicitation requirements, program history, and review criteria.
- Assistance with project planning
- Development of a work plan for producing the proposal
- Development of a detailed proposal outline
- Review and editing of proposal drafts
- Advice on proposal strategy, including budgets, letters of support, assessment, external advisory boards, etc.
Note – grant writers do NOT write the actual proposal due to the scientific expertise required – but work closely with the PI & research group involved in the proposal to ensure they produce a clear & coherent proposal that describes their project & vision of the research. In addition, they can oversee the grant proposal process and ensure each specified criteria & format is adhered to. It is the responsibility of the PI & research group to work directly with the external grant writer & coordinate the final grant submission of the grant with the Office of Research & Sponsored Programs (ORSP).